Thursday, July 2, 2009

Traneice My Symbol of Hope


The fun and special aspects about parenting is every child is different, and you do not know what you are going to get. You can raise your children all the same and they all can turn out very different from one another. Traneice is the perfect example of how a child can be different from the rest of their sibling. Traneice is the second child, which puts her in the middle; sometimes she hates being the middle child. It is a blessing that she is the middle child and a peacemaker as well, because she mediates between the oldest and the youngest, since they do not get along very well. Traneice has many qualities and attributes that have taken me many years to acquire. She is long-suffering, trustworthy/honest, kind, a peacemaker, and wise, she is smart, modest, and kindhearted, and submissive. Traneice is a very good example to our family; I often wonder if she was sent to direct and teach us, instead of us directing and teaching her. Her personality shines so bright that it acts as a beacon to this family, a symbol of hope and inspiration. I do not dare choose favorites among any of my children, because they all bring me an added measure of love and peace in different ways that the others may not; however, I do esteem Traneice as being our little symbol of hope in aiding this family in keeping the commandments of God. Her testimony of Christ is so strong, and she knows she is following the right path to get to her Heavenly Father.
One day we went to pick Traneice an Easter Dress out from Macys; the dress had spaghetti straps and she was not pleased. Traneice did not want to get a dress that looked immodest. I explained to her that after we purchase the dress, we can put a little dress jacket over the sleeves so that her arms would not show, but she was not convinced. This 9 year old little girl begged me to help her find another dress that looked more “modest.” She stated that “I do not like showing my arms, it is not right.” I agreed and explained to her that she was right. Little girls do not show their bodies, for any reason. Modest clothing is the best fashion when striving to keep the commandments. I was so pleased to have had that experience that day. Although I offered some words of encouragement and praise for the positive behavior that she demonstrated, it was really her who taught me the value of keeping the commandments by living up to the standards of our church and beliefs. She is an awesome example to this family and she is very dear to me. In addition to her modesty, Traneice is very long suffering/tolerant. Often times, she has to deal with her two siblings yelling and screaming at her, that breaks her little heart. But she is a good sport about it. When she gets upset with her siblings she go and sit down with them and take the time to talk to them and explain what they did to hurt her feelings. Her communication skills with others are exceptionally well for her age. She is a sweet inspiration to my spirit and in my life. She is my Traneice, my symbol of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment