Saturday, July 25, 2009

Austin John Grover:The Honorable Father, Husband, and Priesthood holder



The best entry on this blog to me is about my humble and loving husband, Austin John Grover. There are many ways to describe my husband, but for this entry I will focus on the qualities that I adore the most. As many of you know, Austin and I are both from previous marriages. We both have beautiful, loving, and honorable kids from our previous marriages that we have come to develop a profound and affectionate relationship with. It was hard for Austin to adjust to becoming a father of 4 kids, instead of one, over a period several months. I think the hardest time he had was with our oldest, Ahmad. Ahmad and Austin are almost half of each other’s ages, this terrified Austin, yet he still remained with me throughout the years and pressed forward in faith, hoping that Ahmad, as well as the other kids, would accept him as the father figure in the home. I am overwhelmed with joy of how much my husband do for my kids. He treats them as if they were his own, and provide the necessary support for their physical and spiritual survival. He goes to their parent-teacher conferences, takes them to mutuals, and spends time with them individually and as a family. He goes to recitals, plays, concerts, and field trips. He is truly a REMARKABLE FATHER.


Austin has many talents that I dream of developing in this life time. He is very patient, humble, submissive, and tender. When our children get in trouble he always approaches them sensitively and lovingly. He reminds me of the scripture that admonish our priesthood leaders in the church to exercise their priesthood through the power of love and longing suffering. Indicating more correctly in Doctrine and Covenants section 121 “No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile— Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy; That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.”


I am delighted to state that my husband is one of the many honorable priesthood holders who reprove our children in sharpness, persuasion, long-suffering, and love through the Holy Ghost. I see his weaknesses and struggles every day, and I know he strives to do what’s right for our children. I guess the most touching characteristic of this whole situation is that, he has a great love for my children as if they were his own biological children. At first I did not think a person could ever love a child if they were not biologically theirs as they would love a child that is biologically theirs. But Austin has proved me wrong, along with other members of previous wards that have shown me that they love their step children or adopted children just as if they were their biological children. He takes the time to make sure that each child feels loved and appreciated in our home, which brings the spirit into our home.


Another attribute that I love about my husband is his dedication of being an exceptional husband to an imperfect wife, such as me. I know I fit the modern cliché wife by nagging and annoying my husband with unimportant drama that could be resolved with a simple apology or a kind expression, but I don’t always express my concerns through enduring kindness and love. He calls me his sunshine, but the fact of the matter is he is my sunshine, my ray of hope that shines forth from the darkness in any given situation or event. His faithfulness in the gospel keeps my hope and faith in the savior burning inside my soul. He was, without a doubt, sent to our family from our father in heaven to help heal wounds and mend spirits.


Austin has this attribute mastered, and I am pleased with how well his leads this family. He is an example to us all by dedicating his life to serve the lord through commitment of time, monies, and talents. He has an outstanding testimony of the gospel of Christ, the priesthood, Joseph Smith, and most of all the atonement of Christ. I am grateful that the lord blessed me with a righteous husband such as mine. Many days I feel so inadequate to receive such a blessing; nevertheless, he is a gift from God and I intend to take care of him, as I do all my gifts, with love and great care.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment