Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Spiritual Experience at Patricia's Baptism






I got the beautiful opportunity to go to a dear friend of mine baptism, Patricia Durant. The spirit was so strong and he (the Holy Ghost) was able to testify to me things that I hold sacred in my heart from my own baptism. As I watched Patricia get baptized, I took a trip down memory lane myself and delighted in the covenants and promises that I made with my heavenly father. Seeing Patricia’s beautiful face light up with joy, anxiety, and nervousness brought back a lot of the feelings I experienced when I got baptized. Patricia is a beautiful person inside and out. She has great love for the gospel, her Savior, and heavenly father; she shares that love and peace that she feels from our Savior with everyone she meets. She is truly a blessing in my life. I feel connections with Patricia, every time we are together. It is a beautiful feeling, perhaps because she and I have had the same experiences with our family members and becoming a member of the church. She has struggled so much to get to the point where she is at right now in her life; I know heavenly father is so pleased with her for her dedication and faith that she demonstrates. Baptism is a remarkable, sacred, and exciting experience. Making and keeping our baptism covenants brings us closer to our heavenly father and our savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful to be a member of the true church in these latter days. I have a testimony of baptism and the divinity of baptism. Jesus Christ set the perfect example of how we should be baptized; I am grateful for this knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment